Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Back on the blog - Phat Guy for Phi Psi!

Gentle Reader -

Sorry that I have been gone for so long. The world has been changing around me every day. One of my resolutions this 2012 is to write more...both about me and about things that make me who I am.

I've really decided to work on my weight. For those in the know, the name of this blog comes from the fact that, at one time, I was "One biscuit shy" of weighing in at 400lbs. Not good at all. Well, at least we're not there any more, but we still have a long way to go. I'm committed to losing the weight. I've started eating healthier, I've started to wean my self off of pop (or soda for your Easterners) and no more fast food (Opie isn't going to like that one). I'm starting weight watchers again, too. I've run in my first 5K (OK, let;s be real, "run" isn't honest - I finished and I shuffled, but I didn't run) where i dressed like Santa and I'm committed to running in a 1/2 marathon by the end of the year - training starts soon. Any and all help people want to give me (both positive and negative) is welcome. When I run that, I'm going to raise money for my fraternity, Phi Kappa Psi, specifically for the 2 chapters that I advise in Chicago. - More details to follow on that.

I'll be writing at least once a week about things that cross my radar, if not more if it warrants it.

See ya soon

Marc...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stay focused! It's a lifestyle change. Results will come with time but you have to keep it up. Good luck!